Think of wellness as the opposite of illness. Wellness is the goal we should all be striving for, and prevention is the best and least costly way to achieve it. You might be surprised at how many common diseases and health conditions can be avoided entirely by taking preventive steps. You can avoid arthritis, certain cancers, diabetes, heart disease, obesity and many others with good lifestyle habits such as a healthy diet, regular exercise, regular health screenings, not smoking or drinking alcohol and avoiding other toxic substances and environments.
At Capital Primary Care, we take preventive health care and very seriously. That’s why we recommend and perform preventive care wellness exams along with regular screenings for cancer, hypertension, cardiovascular disease, cholesterol and more. Our wellness and prevention services include:
- Routine checkups, annual wellness exam
- Camp physical, school physical & sports physical exam
- Vaccinations, annual flu shot & other immunizations
- Diabetes, hypertension, cardiovascular disease, cholesterol & other chronic disease management
- Gastrointestinal (digestive) disease management
- Treatment for urinary tract infections
- Women’s health, well-woman care
- Men’s health
- Cancer screening
- Drug screening
- Alzheimer’s test
If preventive care and wellness are as important to you as they are to us, then you should consider Capital Primary Care for all your family’s primary care, internal medicine, and urgent health-care needs. We can educate you about the best ways to avoid illness and diseases and provide you with real strategies to improve your self-care. We welcome patients from Cary, Raleigh, Morrisville, Wake Forest, Apex and neighboring communities.